There are a number of community organisations in the ACT that provide counselling services. Services are free and confidential.
ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Service is a free counselling service for people experiencing problems as a result of their gambling or someone else's gambling. Gambling related financial counselling is also available. The services provided include:
- Professional, confidential counselling for people having problems with gambling
- Counselling for the family and friends of people having problems with gambling
- Strategies for coping with the urge to gamble
- Strategies for coping for non-gambling family members affected by problem gambling
- Financial counselling to help people with gambling-related money problems
- Community education to help raise community awareness about problem gambling
This Service receives funding from the Problem Gambling Assistance Fund.
Support, information and counselling services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To speak to a professional immediately, you can:
- Talk online now
- Phone the national free call "1800 Gambling Support Number" on 1800 858 858.
You can also access further information and support materials by clicking here
Gambling services in ACT
There are a number of community organisations in the ACT that provide counselling services. To find out about these services, click here
Self-exclusion provides a way for individuals with a gambling problem to ban themselves from one or more nominated gambling venues. These gambling venues include clubs, hotels, taverns, the casino, bookmakers and ACTTAB outlets.
Every gambling venue in the ACT has a Gambling Contact Officer to assist individuals who wish to self exclude. To exclude yourself from a gambling venue contact their Gambling Contact Officer by telephone or in person.
The Gambling Contact Officer will ask you to complete a "Deed of Exclusion". A Deed of Exclusion is an agreement between yourself and the nominated gambling venue/s that stops you from entering the venue/s or using a bookmakers' services for a period of time that is specified in the agreement.
You can access more information on excluding yourself from a gambling venue in the ACT by clicking here