Australian Capital Territory
There are a number of community organisations in the ACT that provide counselling services. Services are free and confidential.
ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Service is a free counselling service for people experiencing problems as a result of their gambling or someone else's gambling. Gambling related financial counselling is also available. The services provided include:
- Professional, confidential counselling for people having problems with gambling
- Counselling for the family and friends of people having problems with gambling
- Strategies for coping with the urge to gamble
- Strategies for coping for non-gambling family members affected by problem gambling
- Financial counselling to help people with gambling-related money problems
- Community education to help raise community awareness about problem gambling
This Service receives funding from the Problem Gambling Assistance Fund.