If you would like to speak to someone on the telephone about your gambling you can call 1800 858 858 – this service is open to anyone in Australia and you will speak to someone in your state.
You may prefer to speak to someone on the telephone if you are concerned about typing fast or that you could be misinterpreted through a chat conversation.
Like the online service this helpline provides support 24/7. It is free, professional and confidential. The Helpline counsellors are there to help you deal with any of your gambling related issues.
Telephone counselling and support is available for all people affected by gambling, including family and friends.
Just like with the online service the telephone service will provide you with:
- Confidential and free support
- Someone who will understand and listen to your concerns
- A qualified professional who will answer your questions
- Referral to face-to-face gambling help services
- Written information posted upon request
- Crisis management and referral
- Someone who can provide you with strategies to help you achieve your goals
- Access to interpreter services for those from non-English speaking backgrounds.
The Helpline in each state offers immediate access to a counsellor who can provide counselling, information and referral to a range of support services.
Financial Counselling Helpline
There is also a free Financial Counselling Hotline which operates from 9:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. 1800 007 007.
The online environment may not be suitable for you if you are currently in a crisis situation.
If you are seeking help for a medical emergency or crisis involving personal safety (e.g. suicidal feelings, domestic violence or homicide), please contact one of the Emergency support services – they are listed at the top of every page on the website.