Ready to change your gambling behaviour? Find out more about how to take control.
If you are considering changing your gambling behaviour and not
sure where to start, having a goal will help you to plan for
In making decisions about your goals it might be useful to think
about the following issues:
Can I afford to spend money on gambling?
- If the answer to this question is 'no' a preferable goal would
be to stop completely
Have I tried to cut down or stop before?
- If you have not tried to cut down before, or managed long
periods of gambling without causing harm to yourself or others,
cutting down might be a good option.
- If you have tried to control your gambling before and have not
been successful, consider stopping completely.
Does the gambling have a significant impact on the rest of my
life (i.e. work, relationships, emotional wellbeing)
- If the impact of gambling is having a significant impact on
your work performance or relationships. You might find it more
beneficial to stop than to cut down.
What role does the gambling play in your life?
- Making change usually means adjusting other areas of life. Maintaining change
describes common changes that need to occur.