Free online chat with a gambling counsellor
Chat live online with a professional gambling counsellor anywhere, anytime, for free.
Chatting to a counsellor can be really helpful - speaking to an independent person about your problem can help you look at the situation objectively.
The stigma associated with gambling problems might make it difficult to seek help, but speaking to a professional online can make that step less daunting.
How do I start a chat counselling session?
- Click on “Start a chat now’ above.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Complete the basic information we need to begin a counselling session.
- A chat window will open and you can start chatting to your counsellor.
Why use online chat?
- One of the great advantages of online counselling is how convenient and flexible it can be. You can start a session anywhere, anytime, if you have a device that can connect to the internet.
- For many people, it removes their barriers to accessing services such as mobility, travelling and waiting lists. It’s also free, besides any data costs you may incur from your internet service provider.
- Our service is open to anyone affected by gambling, including family and friends. The service is secure and confidential.
- Text/typed conversation between two people can be misinterpreted, or feelings may not be adequately expressed or explained. If you feel this is the case, seek clarification from the counsellor so you have a mutual understanding.
- Speed of typing or getting out of sync. If you feel that you are out of sync with your counsellor, let them know, ask them to summarise where you are up to and then slow down and take turns. Our counsellors are trained to do this as well.
- Online communication is not suitable in crisis situations. In a crisis, we recommend seeking other forms of support. You can find a list of support options and contact information for emergency services by visiting our Immediate Help page.