Are you concerned about your gambling and not sure what to do?
Knowing where to start can feel daunting. You might also feel apprehensive about talking to someone and sharing your problem. A Self-Help program might be a good place to start.
Developed by professional addiction clinicians at Turning Point, the Self-Help program is a set of modules that are free to use, which you can complete at your own pace and at times that suit you.
There are nine bite-sized modules that can help you to address different aspects of your gambling. These modules are designed to provide you with strategies and tools to help you manage your gambling.
We strongly encourage you to seek support from a counsellor (available to chat at any time) about any difficulties or issues you may have when completing these modules. You will need to sign up to access this program:
The self-help modules topics include:
- Ready, willing and able. This module helps you become more confident and willing to begin changing your gambling behaviour.
- Setting goals. This module helps you to set your own goals in relation to regaining control of your gambling.
- Your values. This module helps you in identifying your values which are often forgotten as gambling takes over. This is an important module as it helps you to identify your goals while taking into account what is important to you.
- Circuit breakers. This module helps you to brainstorm a list of alternative activities to gambling that will suit your individual lifestyle and assist in curbing gambling urges.
- Break the habit. This module helps you to look at changing the way you react to triggers, in order to assist in breaking the cycle of thoughts-behaviours-emotions which lead to gambling.
- Triggernomics. This module helps you develop an understanding about the unique triggers to your gambling and to develop strategies to deal more effectively with these triggers.
- Healing relationships. This module provides some strategies for you to start thinking about how you might approach rebuilding your relationships where they may be under strain financially, emotionally and in terms of broken trust.
- Managing your money. This module helps you to discover ways to manage your money to relieve the financial and non-financial impacts of your gambling.
- Managing urges. This module helps those struggling with their gambling urges to develop strategies to help them manage these urges.
Our self-directed modules help you build confidence and strengths to make the changes you want. To access the modules sign-in to your account – or if you don’t have an account, signing-up just takes a few minutes.