Amity provides free, confidential counselling, support and information to people affected by gambling. Services are free and confidential.
Amity provides free, confidential counselling, support and information to people affected by gambling. Services include:
- professional support for individuals who experience problems with their gambling
- professional support for friends and family of individuals who experience problems with gambling
Amity can assist you to:
- understand your motivations to gamble
- apply strategies for coping with the urge to gamble
- assist you through the process of behaviour change
We offer face-to-face, email and phone counselling and information services.
Amity is located at 155 Stuart Highway, Parap in Darwin. The phone number is (08) 8944 6565.
The Gambling Harm Minimisation and Education Program is funded by the NT Government through the Community Benefit Fund Program.
24/7 Gambling services in NT
1800 858 858 - 24 Hr Toll Free helpline
Email counselling: email@example.com
A range of help resources at Amity
A generic form of self-exclusion has been developed for use by Northern Territory gambling providers (NB: casinos have specific provisions in place). Procedures with clear, supporting documentation are available and application forms for self-exclusion are available at the venue reception, within the gambling area, adjacent to the gambling products and/or on the website. Gambling providers have to offer customers who seek self-exclusion and/or express a concern that they have a gambling problem, contact information for appropriate counselling agencies.