Gambling Help is a free and confidential counselling and support service which operates during business hours across Queensland. Gambling Help services are located in 12 regions and operate out of approximately 22 sites across Queensland. All services are free, confidential and available to anyone negatively impacted by gambling.
The Gambling Helpline (1800 858 858) is a free, confidential telephone help service which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Gambling Helpline offers immediate information and assistance over the phone, crisis support and referral to your closest Gambling Help service. These services are available for anyone affected by problem gambling, be it yourself, a partner, family member or friend. Calls to the Helpline are free from landlines, and won't be listed on your phone bill (though may be listed on mobile phone bills).
Support, information and counselling services are available 24 hours, 7 days a week. To speak to a professional immediately, you can:
Children and young people can also contact the Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
Read how to access financial counselling.
There are two types of exclusions in Queensland:
- Self-exclusion - when you approach a venue and ask to be excluded/banned (self-exclusion from one or more venues can also be done remotely through a Gambling Help service)
- Exclusion direction - when the venue initiates the exclusion and excludes/bans you from the venue.
All gambling providers in Queensland must exclude a patron when the patron requests to be self-excluded.
If you believe that you need to exclude yourself from a venue, there are some key points to be aware of:
- you will be required to complete some documentation for the venue
- there is a 24 hour cooling off period if you change your mind
- a self-exclusion order must remain in place for a minimum of 12 months up to a maximum of 5 years, after which it automatically expires.
Every hotel, club and casino have brochures on exclusions and the exclusion process. Ask your local venue for a copy.
Read more information on exclusions in Queensland.
Information in other languages
- Brisbane 07 3423 6955
- Cairns and Far North Queensland 07 4050 4988
- Gold Coast 07 5575 6122
- Ipswich 07 3281 8677
- Logan 07 3423 6955
- Mackay and Whitsunday 07 4957 4542
- Moreton Bay region (including North Brisbane) 07 5428 6244
- Rockhampton and Central Queensland 07 4926 9377
- Sunshine Coast 07 5492 7255
- Toowoomba and South West 1300 991 443
Lifeline Darling Downs and South West Queensland
- Townsville 1300 672 273
Centacare North Queensland
- Wide Bay Burnett (including Fraser Coast) 07 4191 3100